The Baked Bean Charity Communications and Marketing Team
2 posts (in addition to existing 2 day post):
- Junior Comms 12k 2.5 days /week
- Senior comms 14k 2.5 days /week
The Baked Bean Charity works to promote social inclusion through education for the public benefit among adults with learning disabilities and children and young people with special educational needs who are socially excluded from society.
We have grown dramatically, and our reach is extending to many more adults and young people who we want to help empower through our services and then share their stories.
We run many projects and groups throughout Wandsworth but also manage an Intensive Support Service which focuses on providing personalised education packages to young people who for various reasons are failing to achieve in mainstream settings.
The Communications Team is responsible for communicating the charities work internally and externally in various formats and media platforms It has two areas of responsibility:
- Campaigns – sharing our work, ethos and outcomes to raise our profile with the public as well as with trusts and statutory funding.
- Communications – print, digital film and social media.
The Communications Team will work together to deliver clear and consistent communications that will tell our story, raise awareness of the work we do, and of the issues our service users face. Working with The Executive Director and the CEO they will play a key role in supporting and generating growth, service development and in facilitating fundraising across the charity.
Inclusion is at the core of all that The Baked Bean Charity does.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE ROLE
1. Proactively create and deliver high quality, inspiring multi-media content (including, but not limited to email marketing, social media, podcast, campaigns, and website) to engage key stakeholders and attract new followers to our cause.
2. Increase the organisation’s profile through daily media engagement, monitor coverage and identify news and parliamentary agendas that would benefit from the organisation’s perspective or commentary.
3. Co-ordinate the production of our newsletter; leading editorial, writing articles, conducting interviews, managing externals and overseeing timelines and then using the newsletter as both a marketing and communications tool.
4. Work in collaboration with colleagues and the Executive Director and the CEO to build and maintain a database for use in communications and PR output.
5. Work alongside colleagues and the Executive Director and the CEO to ensure we are sharing compelling and quality content across the Charity and with the outside world.
6. Develop a strong network of contacts to maximise opportunities for further engagement on relevant topics.
7. Develop a programme to engage and nurture High profile/celebrity supporters and influencers who can help raise our public profile.
8. Proactively seek opportunities and generate ideas and content to achieve positive coverage in print and online media
1. Manage Baked Bean Charities communications to maintain a consistent tone and style and act as a ‘brand guardian’ together with the Executive Director, the CEO and the Board.
2. Develop in partnership with the Executive Director, the CEO and the Board imaginative communications e.g. student podcast and regular blogs to ensure the community is informed and involved with the charity's work.
3. Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the employer.
1. Knowledge of current communication strategies and marketing trends in the voluntary sector.
2. Good working knowledge of the local media in London and how to influence it to deliver organisational benefits and tell the charity's story effectively.
1. Excellent verbal and written skills in order to communicate with a wide range of audiences.
2. Ability to proof read and edit clearly and accurately.
3. Strong communication skills
4. Able to work well independently and with a team
5. Must be resourceful and take initiative.
6. Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices
7. Excellent understanding of the best practices of the main social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
8. Ability to take complex copy and clearly and concisely identify and summarise key points allowing you to present a balanced argument.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills, confident to engage and interview a range of stakeholders.
10. Ability to set up systems and then monitor the impact of our communications and campaigns work on and off line.
11. Excellent time management skills and ability to respond quickly and accurately to deadlines.
12. Highly developed project management skills with a strong attention to detail and deadline Experience
1. At least one year’s experience of working in a marketing, communications and campaigning role
2. Experience of writing for a wide range of audiences and using different mediums to produce convincing, clear and succinct content.
3. Experience of producing marketing/communications collateral in both print and digital media
4. Solid experience of online marketing and communications, including professional exposure to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and website management
1. Experience of working in a campaigning and/or lobbying environment
1. Educated to degree level and/or equivalent experience in Communications, Digital marketing, media or journalism.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and a Cover Letter FAO
Jade Hardrade-Grosz /Sarah Gentles
F/T post- Job share
Interviews 21st June PM